Lucien May is a British novelist, poet, screenwriter, and editor. He is the author of the five-star-rated Same Strange World anthology and has been featured in several journals for his short stories such as When the Waves Met the Robbins. He is also currently working on his debut children’s novel The World Upstairs. Starting October 2021, he will undertake a Creative Writing PhD at Lancaster University, exploring whether it is possible to learn Japanese through creative writing.
Lucien May is a Creative Writing Masters graduate of Lancaster University, a top ten university with a global reputation for excellence. Previously, he graduated from the University of Hertfordshire with a First-Class Honors in English Language and Communication with Creative Writing and Japanese.
Check out my blog where I write poetry, book reviews, and articles for aspiring writers. Click one of the links below for my recent publications:
- Released a book, had a breakdown, bon appetit! | Life Update
- How to Use But, And, Or, So: Do I Need a Comma? | Grammar Made Simple
- Tanabata Matsuri: 七夕祭り | Poetry
- Dialogue Writing Techniques | Article
- Narrative Modes: The 5 main storytelling channels | Article